
Ghana forward Brandon Thomas-Asante has opened up about the struggles he faced in his debut season with Coventry City, revealing that injury problems hampered his performances.
The 25-year-old managed six goals in 43 appearances during the 2024/25 campaign, but he has already shown sharper form this term, scoring twice in his first three matches.
Ahead of Coventry’s trip to Oxford United on Saturday â where victory could see the Sky Blues climb from fourth place to the top of the Championship table â Thomas-Asante reflected on the challenges he endured last season.
“As a striker, getting in the right positions is important as well, and I’m grateful to the staff," he said.
“Last year, I was sort of trying to play on a bit of an injury and I ended up being out for a little while, so to feel good in my body,â¦I’m grateful that over the offseason, I could rest and get back to a state I’m happy with,” Thomas-Asante said.
The in-form forward will be aiming to extend his scoring streak at the Kassam Stadium.
Despite his bright start, Thomas-Asante has been omitted from Ghana’s squad for next month’s 2026 World Cup qualifiers, where the Black Stars face Chad and Mali.
Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 546310076.
Read Full Story
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube
LinkedIn
RSS